I've scribbled the alphabet for meaning since I can remember.
"A lot of creativity is about being in a network and... not so much about being this lone genius; it's much more about being connected." - Austin Kleon
I decided to spend more time developing my artist self this summer - in an easy, simple and just for myself kinda way. I did have my friend Damini Celebre's book Painting the Landscape of Your Soul as my chosen guide. One reason I picked her book was that she told me to get kid's supplies, and the other was it is beautiful, like her, and the third - I respond to outside motivation and structure - plain and simple.
Guess what? It's fun.
Opening back to Art inspired me to invite a few new guests, add some sparkles and a little restructuring to re-open What's Your Story?: An Online Experiment in Creativity, starting August 6th - 22nd. Registration is open (see below).
In the spirit of gratitude and inspiration, here is a varied list of creative resources for you. It's summer for most of us, and Mother Nature is in her full strength and playful grace -- what beauty are we creating and sharing along with her? Let the Creative Muse whisper into your ear and - have fun.
- Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic. I am rereading it. She invites you to stop complaining - it chases Inspiration away, say "I enjoy my creativity" instead and see what happens.
- And there is the podcast On Being that I find exquisite.
- If you are in Philly, you can go to my friend Mira + Shakti Devi's kirtan, here.
- If you are in Kaua'i, you can go to my friend Kim Murriera's Form Drawing class, here.
- For a week long creativity retreat, catch my friend Ann Randolphthis August at 1440 Multiversity.
- If you want a Netflix to watch, Iris
- You could watch this Marie Forleo interview of Sarah Jones - what a creative genius! or one of her TedTalk performances here.
- And when you doubt, you can read this
- Or dance to this.
"You may forget but
let me tell you this:
someone in some
future time will
of us." - Sappho
We only get one go around - so make sure you are there for it,
I'm ready sign me up, to scroll less, create more + be a little nicer (optional but appreciated).
Enroll in What's Your Story? + a portion of each enrollment goes to New Leash On Life.
Support the Inspiration.